Do you Promise to Love Dorset?
In Dorset, we are lucky to have mile upon mile of beautiful countryside, coastline and picturesque towns. And we all want to care and protect our county for the future.
Here at Best of Dorset Attractions we are joining Visit Dorset in encouraging everyone to be responsible travellers and support sustainable tourism. Because even the smallest things can make a big difference.
We’re asking everyone to promise to love Dorset so we can all enjoy Dorset now and for future generations.
Make your promise to love Dorset.
- Respect our environment. Our habitats and wildlife are unique, so promise to keep dogs on leads when asked and avoid having campfires and barbecues.
- Put your litter in a bin. Our beaches, countryside and sea look much better when they’re clean, so promise to put your litter in a bin or take it home.
- Be aware of hidden coastline dangers. Watch out for strong sea currents, tides and promise to keep away from cliffs, where rockfalls are frequent.
- Take care on the roads. Our roads can be narrow and windy, so watch your speed and promise to drive safe.
- Be considerate of our residents. Promise to check where you can park or camp and always leaving room for emergency vehicles.
#PromiseToLoveDorset #VisitDorset #ResponsibleTourism #SustainableTravel
The Promise to Love Dorset campaign is a Dorset Council project which has been produced in collaboration with Visit Dorset, Jurassic Coast Trust, Dorset Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and many others.
Find out more at Visit Dorset
Now read more here about why we think Dorset is a great, safe place to be this summer!